HOW ADS IMPROVE MOTOMETER COLLECTIONS
The following article identifies the ways in which authentic, original period motometer advertisements can be used to improve the quality of a motometer automobilia collection and the impact that they can have in authenticating, corroborating and validating an artifact's originality, issuance or use date(s) -and- can be effective in increasing a specific item's value.
All information contained within this article has been independently applied and successfully proven by the owners of the MotometerCentral™ motometer automobilia collection and used in numerous museum exhibitions across the country.
We hope that serious motometer collecting enthusiasts will find it helpful.
HOW ADS WORK TO IMPROVE A MOTOMETER COLLECTION
We at MotometerCentral™ collect more than “just” motometers, we also collect authentic period advertisements that were placed by various motometer manufacturers and distributors.
We collect these artifacts for primary reasons:
1. They help to corroborate the authenticity and correctness of certain motometers;
2. Provide historical reference and context;
3. They are great to display along side the physical gauge-devices;
4. They help to “tell” the motometer “story” for unfamiliar observers as well as novice
and experience collectors;
5. Add another dimension to collections on display;
6. Add Value to specific motometer devices and the collection as a whole; and,
7. Are, sometimes, noteworthy and collectible on their own;
Right off the bat, it can be seen on our website homepage -and-below the image of our collection on display with a number of authentic advertisement pages strategic placed about.